Author Topic: Feedback on false blacklist flags  (Read 331 times)

Offline Fallon

Feedback on false blacklist flags
« on: May 23, 2024, 10:18:07 PM »
So, I want to try this Pokemon Romhack called Bootleg_Pokemon. When I go to the creator's website, vibingleaf.net, there's an automatic blacklist from Avast that doesn't even give me the opportunity to temporarily whitelist it or tell someone it's incorrect. I'm watching someone on Youtube play it right now. It definitely seems safe; it's just a game designed to look like old school malware. Vibing Leaf is pretty well known in the creepypasta/indie horror/rom hack scene. But again, not only is there no way to get around this Avast block, there's no direct way to flag it as a potentially false block. Cause again, as far as I can tell, this program IS safe to run.

I had to register on this forum with a less-used email address just to let SOMEONE know about this issue. I feel like leaving feedback for the Avast team should be a lot fewer steps and annoyances. Email forms are so much easier on the user end.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Feedback on false blacklist flags
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 11:34:17 PM »
First I don't use Avast One, so I'm unfamiliar with the User Interface.

There should be options on the Alert Window to Add an exception, I got an Alert on Avast Antivirus For Windows earlier today and I had the option to Add an Exception.  See attached image, click to expand.  I would be surprised if that wasn't in Avast One's alert window.

That said running a bootleg copy of any software isn't without risk (and this isn't just a copyright issue).

The captcha, etc. is an anti-spam measure and is there for your first 3 posts.

You can also report it here as a possible False Positive URL/File.
New location to report both a False Positive and or a False Negative - https://www.avast.com/submit-a-sample#pc
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 08:29:21 AM »
Avast One is similar, see below.

It does have a phone number to call for support at the bottom of the alert.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 06:30:34 PM »
Avast One is similar, see below.

It does have a phone number to call for support at the bottom of the alert.

Thanks for than, my only concern is that this telephone number might be in the USA (as has been seen in other responses).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security