Author Topic: Android, AVAST sync to gmail  (Read 424 times)

Offline Nem

Android, AVAST sync to gmail
« on: May 26, 2024, 09:13:08 PM »
Hi guys. On my android phone theres suddenly af avast account. When im in accounts in settings it wont let med remove it. Is there a easy fix? Kind regards

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Android, AVAST sync to gmail
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 05:46:28 AM »
Did you install Avast?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline Nem

Re: Android, AVAST sync to gmail
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 10:11:16 PM »
No. Im having this strange expirience. It was suddenly there. Just as you would have a google or microsoft, whatapp linked with your email. In my case my gmail. I have tried and tried to find a solution nothing worked. Today I tried to install Avast and then a second "link" came up in the account administration on my phone. It went away uninstalling the app again. But the other still there. The really stange thing is. I got a brand new phone, yesterday. Got it set up with a completely different email from gmail. Got through the set up of the phone. Perfect no strange Avast sync, link or what it would be called. I the add my old email adress, because I want to check the gmail together with my new on. And everything was fine until today. Somehow Avast is now figuring on my new phone when I go to account administration. It blows my mind. When i try to remove it, its says the same thing. "This change is not allowed by my administrator" What... How would adding a gmail mean I would get a Avast...

Is there something im missing?