Author Topic: Can you add these features into Avast Premium product?  (Read 432 times)

Offline kubasinski13

Can you add these features into Avast Premium product?
« on: June 03, 2024, 02:33:36 AM »
Could you add a few new (but not too complicated) improvements to the Avast Premium Security program in the near future?

I am very irritated by the fact that you have to manually enter the Avast program, go into settings and activate banking mode. This is tedious, a better solution would be to add automatic detection of user-customized sites or algorithms that will detect whether a site requires this mode to be enabled. I remember that in the 2016 version, you could do this from the context menu, but not now.

The second thing I would add is the addition of ad-blocking functionality to browser protection, so that you wouldn't have to install the Avast Online Security plugin.

I would also add automatic application isolation in the sandbox - when an unknown process is detected (yes, I know it exists - Avast CyberCapture), but I noticed that not all unknown applications are always detected by this algorithm. If so, an option should be added that will enable the activation of Avast CyberCapture and/or automatically add any process to the sandbox. Moreover, it is sometimes better to add such an application to the sandbox in such a way that Avast CyberCapture monitors applications even if it determines that it is safe - then we increase security against non-file attacks and new viruses that are not in the signature database.

In the case of Avast Ultimate, it is very inconvenient to use many different applications, it would be better to introduce everything in one application - at least VPN, AntiTracker, and CleanUp Premium, and BreachGuard. Having several different products and managing them is simply monotonous. Or maybe you will introduce something like Avast One but in the form of a license as it is in Premium, Ultimate products?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can you add these features into Avast Premium product?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 03:02:34 AM »
There are many ad blocking add-ons available uBlock Origin, uMatrix, are just two and what these block I don't believe having 'the Avast Online Security plugin' installed would make any difference.

I don't use it, I don't particularly like the graffiti added to the search results.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security