Author Topic: Threat secured, url:blacklist  (Read 808 times)

Offline Vanya

Threat secured, url:blacklist
« on: June 10, 2024, 11:43:50 AM »
Hi guys  :D
I am getting constant notifications: "Threat secured, We've safely aborted connection on (some website address) because it was infected with URL: blacklist.
The problem is that in the middle of my work, conversation with my boss, this message pops up with a loud notification sound, at least a few times a day.
There's no way to select the address, copy it, and block it forever, so eliminating the problem.
HOW DO I TURN OFF THIS?? Or block those addresses from appearing? I never had this problem before. I have 9 PAGES of this thing so far. It's driving me crazy!
 HEEELLLPPPPP!  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Threat secured, url:blacklist
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 12:16:00 PM »
You don't say if you are actually trying to connect to these sites ?

If not start by clearing your browser cache and cookies,including 3rd party cookies and restart your browser.
If that resolves it you should be good to go.
If it doesn't try running your browser with add-ons disabled.

If that resolves it, have you added or updated any add-ons ?
If so try disabling that add-on - and restart and try again.
If still not resolved and you are using Chrome based browser - try this suggest by Avast Team member 'lukor'
What about page notifications? Here: chrome://settings/content/notifications ? Do you have all cleared?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Dinobot2

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 12:29:08 AM »
Hi guys  :D
I am getting constant notifications: "Threat secured, We've safely aborted connection on (some website address) because it was infected with URL: blacklist.
The problem is that in the middle of my work, conversation with my boss, this message pops up with a loud notification sound, at least a few times a day.
There's no way to select the address, copy it, and block it forever, so eliminating the problem.
HOW DO I TURN OFF THIS?? Or block those addresses from appearing? I never had this problem before. I have 9 PAGES of this thing so far. It's driving me crazy!
 HEEELLLPPPPP!  ;D

Next time you get an alert like this, click "See details" on the alert window, and look at the Process it's coming from. If it's coming from your browser (e.g. chrome.exe), then either the web page you're going to or an element on a web page (usually a pop up or an Ad) is flagging the alert.

If the Process is svchost.exe, then there's something on your computer that could be flagging it and you should do a scan of your computer just in case.

Offline Vanya

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 02:56:37 PM »
Hi :)
thanks for your reply! Yes, it's coming from Chrome! I'm not going to those web pages! The websites are completely random. I've never seen them before... I'll try to clean cash and see if it helps...

Offline Vanya

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 02:58:44 PM »

If not start by clearing your browser cache and cookies,including 3rd party cookies and restart your browser.

If still not resolved and you are using Chrome based browser - try this suggest by Avast Team member 'lukor'
What about page notifications? Here: chrome://settings/content/notifications ? Do you have all cleared?

thanks for your help! I'll try all the things you've suggested! No, I'm not trying to connect to those sites! I've never seen them in my life before.. The notifications are coming from Chrome...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 06:31:07 PM »

thanks for your help! I'll try all the things you've suggested! No, I'm not trying to connect to those sites! I've never seen them in my life before.. The notifications are coming from Chrome...

You're welcome.

Note you don't need to use the report to moderator function, which isn't for this type of issue.
Replies posted in the topic, for the most part those who have contributed in the topic will be notified (by the forum software) when a new post is created.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security