Author Topic: Avast Premium + what else?  (Read 396 times)

Offline Bozer

Avast Premium + what else?
« on: June 13, 2024, 06:17:18 PM »
Open question: What would be a thorough and good setup in addition to Avast Premium Security?

A password manager of course is a no brainer - but are there other tools that are recommended and complimentary to Avast Premium? Something like Guard.io, Aura, Malwarebytes, etc.? What would be a combination that makes sense and offers highest possible security?

Offline MrDJ

Re: Avast Premium + what else?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 06:37:10 PM »
Good question.
Ive already got password manager included with avast premium but i think they got rid of it a while back for new downloads.
I found their vpn slowed my speeds down a lot when i tested it so went for Nord which has no change to speeds.
with Nord you get a free password manager but only linked to one device so have to log out of pc for it to work on phone. i upgraded that to premium and that comes with a dark web monitor and checks emails and passwords for dark web activity and also open on more than one device.
only other thing i have is malwarebytes free which does not conflict with avast.
be interested to hear what others use.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Avast Premium + what else?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024, 11:56:28 PM »
Hardentools :

Hardentools is designed to disable a number of "features" exposed by Microsoft Windows 10 and 11 and some widely used applications https://github.com/hardentools/hardentools

Greetz Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )