Author Topic: quarantine rescan?  (Read 434 times)

Offline DcyMatrix

quarantine rescan?
« on: July 16, 2024, 12:52:04 AM »
a file got detected by the "Behavioral module" and put in quarantine.

I sent the file for analysis via the option given in Quarantine section of Avast Premium Security.

My question is, will the file be moved out of quarantine if found to be safe? Or will my Avast tell me its save and If I want to move it out?
Will Quarantine be re-scanned after every update?

Or will the file just sit there, and nothing will ever happen unless I restore it or delete it? If that is the case that sucks, how am I to know its safe or not now? If I might need that program?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: quarantine rescan?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 01:22:43 AM »
As far as I'm aware No, as there is no way to directly know what system this was on to restore it from Quarantine.

If you open the Quarantine, Avast UI > Menu > Settings > Quarantine and select the file and from the three dots ...
See images 1 and 2 attached.
Select the Restore option - when it is sent back it will be scanned if still suspect it would be bounced back to the Quarantine.

Depending on why it was detected, by the "Behavioral module" you say, so the program may need to be run again to have the Behaviour Shield/function to run again.  This may or may not result in it being bounced back to Quarantine.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
Re: quarantine rescan?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 12:44:23 PM »
a file got detected by the "Behavioral module" and put in quarantine.

I sent the file for analysis via the option given in Quarantine section of Avast Premium Security.

My question is, will the file be moved out of quarantine if found to be safe? Or will my Avast tell me its save and If I want to move it out?
Will Quarantine be re-scanned after every update?

Or will the file just sit there, and nothing will ever happen unless I restore it or delete it? If that is the case that sucks, how am I to know its safe or not now? If I might need that program?

It could be an idea for a new implementation.
Many AVs do a rescan of the quarantined files and after some time (selectable) it can also be emptied automatically.
It's an idea for the developers for a future development.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android