Author Topic: Avast Firewall (Ultimate version) is applying public rules in private network  (Read 301 times)

Offline CENTRO3

My network is set to private, but the log is full of messages that it blocks connections from my LAN using public rules. I have several network software that does not work, especially an Oracle server,.
I configure the rules in the firewall one by one for each blocked port and application. I give priority to uploading these rules to the top manually and even then there are still many new restrictions.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product but it continues to cause the same problems.

I had the exact same product and configuration on Windows 7 and had no problem. has been switching to Windows 11, installing the new version of Avast Ultimate and starting the errors.

How do I get it to stop applying public rules to a private network?Is there any remedy for this?
 (I had the latest version of W11 and Avast Ultimate)
Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Whilst I don't have Avast Ultimate (Avast Free), but I use the Avast Firewall but I feel that the Network Inspector works in conjunction with the Firewall and may also be involved here.

Also check the Avast Firewall settings and see what is in the Current and Recent Networks and see if any can't be set to trusted (assuming you want that).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security