Author Topic: Can't modify all folders on my disk after installing Avast  (Read 269 times)

Offline YerrHandsOnDeckLads

Can't modify all folders on my disk after installing Avast
« on: July 19, 2024, 07:43:49 AM »
Hi im new arround here, If I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate it if you tell me. Okay im gonna straight

I had been installed Avast Free Antivirus yesterday, and i haven't planning to buy subscribtion yet. I check every feature
like "File protection, Ransomware protection, Core shield, etc..." except for password. My computer doesn't have any malware
before it and now, right after im installed i didn't touch anything on Avast and then i save my word document on "E:".

And i restricted to save the file on there and it shows pop-up says "i have to be pemitted by administrator" even my account is already an administrator,
soon i check the properties every folder on "E:" it show "Read-only" check active, then i try to search around net and try
every way to remove the check, and i had no luck it keep revert back to active. And now C: and D: doing same behavior, like
something has locking down all of my disk, the only folder that hasn't locked it's just "Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos".

Now i can't play videos or music on VLC Media Player, saving Word document, saving my Photoshop work. So any solution to fix this?