Author Topic: Avast Video Downloader Error: File Wasn't Available on Site (.txt)  (Read 2089 times)

Offline David908

For maybe the past month or so, Avast Video Downloader has not been working for me on YouTube. When I try to download a file (video or audio, any quality), it pops up with a error message "File wasn't available on site." When I changed my Avast Secure Browser settings so that it asks me where to download files first, I can see that Video Downloader is trying to pull a .txt file - not a .mp4 or .mp3 as usual. Any idea why this is, or when it might be fixed? I tried removing and re-installing both the add-on and Avast Secure Browser, but the problem persists. Help please!

Offline Misha Zekovova

• Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Avast team
Re: Avast Video Downloader Error: File Wasn't Available on Site (.txt)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 09:41:39 PM »
Hello,
thank you for report, we're working on a fix and hopefully we'll be able to release it soon.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Offline David908

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 06:48:08 PM »
Good to know, thank you much!

Offline shriddy

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2024, 02:22:01 AM »
Have same problem videodownloader doesn,t work for you tube.It sucksWhen is the fix coming out?Why have it if it doesn,t work.I,m missing alot.Maybe have to switch browser to FireFox.How about putting fix on  fast track

Offline GeeWhy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 02:13:08 AM »
I'm also having this problem almost a month later. Any fix coming?

Offline DREW13

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2024, 10:52:20 AM »
Same, I have the same problem. And it doesn't look like they have fixed it. Hope they'll fix it soon

Offline luislaycarvalho

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 01:15:00 PM »
same problem, whats going on?

Offline filosofos

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2024, 04:28:53 AM »
The downloader stopped working for me, too, but I don't get a "file not available..." message.  A dialogue box opens to save the file.  The name of the video appears correctly but with a ".txt" extension and the destination is my downloads folder.  If I click on save, nothing happens.  I have tried changing the extension to "mp4" but again, nothing happens.  I click on "Save" and the dialogue box disappears, but nothing appears in my downloads folder.  This only started a few days ago and I have tried re-installing the browser, rebooting, etc. to no avail.  It has worked perfectly in the past and really appreciated having it.

Offline filosofos

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 05:55:01 AM »
Since my last post, I've uninstalled and re-installed Avast Secure Browser yet again. The downloader still doesn't work.  This time I do get the message "File wasn't available on the site".  However, now I've also lost Bank Mode!  Hopefully we'll get a fix soon which would be much appreciated.

Offline Misha Zekovova

• Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Avast team
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 09:32:19 PM »
Hello,
we're still working on the fix for Videodownloader, sorry for the inconvenience.

When it comes to Bank mode - we're having a problem with 32bit operation systems, it's still possible to run the Bank mode from Antivirus (right click for tray icon or in menu). This will be fixed with following release of Antivirus.
Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2024, 09:45:24 PM »
Hello,
we're still working on the fix for Videodownloader, sorry for the inconvenience.

When it comes to Bank mode - we're having a problem with 32bit operation systems, it's still possible to run the Bank mode from Antivirus (right click for tray icon or in menu). This will be fixed with following release of Antivirus.
Thank you

Do you actually mean the "following release of Antivirus" ?
As Avast version 24.8.6127 (24.8.9372.862) by all account has just been released - but no forum notice of its release on the forum yet.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security