Author Topic: Can Avast Endpoint Security get "crowdstriked"?  (Read 786 times)

Offline Tom610

Can Avast Endpoint Security get "crowdstriked"?
« on: July 20, 2024, 09:44:33 AM »
From my understanding from what is currently known regarding the CS issue I take it that this also can happen to Avast Endpoint Security/Antivirus can it?

From the little information that is Avast presenting officially like here: https://businesshelp.avast.com/Content/Products/General_Help/Additional/Microupdates.htm?Highlight=updates
Something similar can happen for instance with a micro update so we could have such an outage with Avast AV for instance after a reboot, right?

And there is something else that needs to take into account: Cloud managed products are prone for bugs from within the cloud management itself!

I can quite remember an issue a few years ago where there was a bug in the hub that lead to constantly reboots for Avast clients... That was quite an issue and I remember very well how I got calls from customers asking what is happening.
Considering the fact that there is no ermergency contanct at Avast for partners like us I think Avast needs to check thier support policy and also if the way updates are distributed are still ok.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Can Avast Endpoint Security get "crowdstriked"?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 11:57:15 AM »
Yes, of course, a problem with any update could affect to Avast solutions.

Antivirus/cibersecurity solutions are not as any other applications running on servers or  desktops. Antivirus/cibersecurity solutions need a deep interaction with the operating system to protect it.

The advantage of use Avast Business is Avast Free and Avast Premium Security (consumer solutions).

Avast Free is always one or two versions up from Avast Business and Avast Free has a lot of users around the world. This is the best testing environment you can design.

Despite of this testing environment, any update on business agent, something that consumer product doesn't have, could generate a problem.