Author Topic: I need to contact Support [URGENT]  (Read 773 times)

Offline hasanaga.mammadov

I need to contact Support [URGENT]
« on: September 03, 2024, 09:26:55 AM »
I have contacted support for "False Positive" more than ten times, but I have not received an answer.

How can I contact them?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I need to contact Support [URGENT]
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 11:48:33 AM »
Avast stopped replying to False Positive (FP) reports a few months ago.  Whilst as an Avast User, I think this is counter productive as it is likely (as in your case) to result in more reports on the same URL.

The only guarantee is that they will investigate the report within 48 hours.  If it is found to be an FP, it will be removed from the database, otherwise it will remain on it, which would appear to be the case here.

As there are no details in this post on the alert such as, site, what the alert is, etc. 
The best way to show this attach a screenshot of the Avast Alert with the Details option selected, then those avast users with some experience can try and see why Avast 'might' be alerting. 

Of course you may not have Avast installed,  in which case you could post the URL/domain name with out the prefix https etc. so the link to a suspect sit isn't live.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 08:23:43 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I reached the official Avast page on X in August and got this message.

Hello Hasanaga,

Thank you for reaching out. My name is Mariana and I'll be happy to assist you today.

From the previous communication, I understand that you are referring to a false positive detection. I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Can you please fill in the details in the form below and ensure you inserted the email address you want to be reached? Here is a form:
https://avast.com/report-false-positive#pc

My colleagues from ThreatLab will examine the false positive detection and whitelist it if proven to be safe.

More information on how the whitelisting works and how to submit the file or URL you can find here:
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/229/#pc

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

All the best,
Mariana

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 10:12:40 PM »
Unfortunately the link in your quoted text is the one I referred to.

Quote from: Hasanaga
My colleagues from ThreatLab will examine the false positive detection and whitelist it if proven to be safe.
This confirms what I said the only indication you would get is if alert is considered an FP the site is whitelisted, otherwise alerts would continue.

The majority of respondents in the forums will be Avast user like me and to try and figure out why, we would checked against other sites that do analysis of such sites.
Quote from: DavidR
As there are no details in this post on the alert such as, site, what the alert is, etc.
The best way to show this attach a screenshot of the Avast Alert with the Details option selected, then those avast users with some experience can try and see why Avast 'might' be alerting.

A screenshot of the Avast alert with the Details option enabled could help. - Attaching Images to your post - When you Click the Reply button it opens a text window for you to post your comment (reply or post).
Click the Preview button, that shows what you have input and expands it to include 'Attachments and other options'. Click that it further expands, here you can attach images, etc. at the bottom of your post.
See my attached image, click to expand.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2024, 11:13:32 PM »
Thank you for your answer.

We have more than 80 applications. I am adding 3 of them.
These applications have been available and supported in the Google Play for 10 years.
If the problem of 3 applications is solved, the others will probably be solved.

1. hxxxs://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttdictionary.ruseng - detection ID: fa5418978282
2. hxxxs://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttdictionary.rusdeu - detection ID: 16f60c09951c
3. hxxxs://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.translator.rusexpdict - detection ID: cbbdce2b1541

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 12:02:55 AM by hasanaga.mammadov »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 11:36:59 PM »
First when displaying URLs the use of the https should be changed to hXXps so the link isn't active to avoid accidental exposure.

A lot has happened in 10 years, which doesn't mean it isn't 'suspicious' - however suspicious doesn't necessarily mean infected/malicious - given what is currently going on much russian content is being viewed differently.

Personally if there is any content I want translated I use Google translation.

I can only guess you have the web shield off in the mobile app is to try and avoid this ?

You can use the links given in your quoted text to report possible FPs - if after a few days they are still detected they are still considered suspicious.
Unfortunately as an Avast User there is little else I can do about that.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2024, 11:57:10 PM »
You said Avast stopped replying to False Positive (FP) reports a few months ago and now you say report FP in the given URL.

It is also unethical for Avast not to provide detailed information about the report to developers.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2024, 12:37:49 AM »
You said Avast stopped replying to False Positive (FP) reports a few months ago and now you say report FP in the given URL.

It is also unethical for Avast not to provide detailed information about the report to developers.

They stopped replying - but state that the FP will be checked within 48 hours - if found to be an FP it will be removed from the database.  If not presumably it is still considered a risk/suspect, etc. and remain on the list.  If you don't reported using the links you posted it won't even get examined.

I think it has nothing to do with ethics, I happen to think it is wrong as it is more likely to generate more reports on the same site/program/file, etc.