Author Topic: TechTV forum= avast vs avg thread  (Read 4701 times)

notme

TechTV forum= avast vs avg thread
« on: March 15, 2004, 04:11:12 PM »
Het guys heres an ongoing thread at TechTV ,s  Talk Tech Questions forum, My username there is fishforit, You may want to support AVAST , I put my short 2cents worth in = fishforit.Thread can be found here.=
http://cgi.techtv.com/messageboards?action=whole_thread_view&board_id=17&topic_id=73&thread_id=2915586&per_page=50

shgoh

Re:TechTV forum= avast vs avg thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »
don't have to compare.....avast is definitely better in many ways... ;)

LAB

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 06:26:24 PM »
Avast is great all around. In fact, I ditched my Mcafee 7.0 even though I had 4 months of support left.  Even though I met Mcafee's system requirements, my pc ran like a turtle and I could not believe the difference until I removed it and installed Avast.

Thanks Avast and also to the Awil Team.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 08:50:32 PM »
pro1driver thinks that payable is better LOOOOOOOOOL.
Norton cannot even touch avast! 4 HE,and lets don't forget that PRO version of avast! wipes the floor with Norton.
I tested all antivirus programs and Norton is the last thing anyone should have. Free AVs only as backup lol i'm not gonna give any more comments,because its pointless. Someone that is not informed enough is giving stupid advices...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

CoJo

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 09:41:58 PM »
Avast is great all around. In fact, I ditched my Mcafee 7.0 even though I had 4 months of support left.  Even though I met Mcafee's system requirements, my pc ran like a turtle and I could not believe the difference until I removed it and installed Avast.

welcome cochise1!
we love Avast! ;D
I ditched Norton also...and it took alot of hard work from the experts here to help me get it off my system. Mcaffe came with my Dell but I hated it...

anyway :)
welcome,

cojo

islesfan1

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:25:38 PM »
CoJo:

You stated that it was hard work to get rid of Norton and I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me out?  I use avast32 @ home and love it but here @ work our new computer came with Norton on it (which I dislike) and the updates just expired so I'd like to install Avast4.  I'm assuming that I can't have Norton and Avast on the same computer as I've read from others that this causese problems so I'd like to uninstall Norton and wonder where I should start.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 05:33:18 PM »
Symantec has utils to completly remove nav 2003 and nav 2004.

AVAST RULES IN THE AV WORLD :D

LAB

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 06:42:01 PM »

welcome cochise1!
we love Avast! ;D
I ditched Norton also...and it took alot of hard work from the experts here to help me get it off my system. Mcaffe came with my Dell but I hated it...

anyway :)
welcome,

cojo

Hard work is right! I had 3 to 4 pages that I got from Mcafee on what to search for in my registry, and delete it all. It took about a good hour to accomplish it because the normal control panel un-install leaves a lot of trash behind. I could not believe how much was left behind even though the normal un-install completed successfully.