Author Topic: [scan error: Invalid argument] with regular not corrupted WINZIP's ZIP files  (Read 6804 times)

malvcr

Good afternoon

We have a serious error with the latest Linux version of the Server software.

When using the system (avastcmd) to check a ZIP file created with the last WINZIP 11.1 build 7466, this always produce the following error:

[scan error: Invalid argument]

And this always happens with some WAV files inside the ZIP file.  Not a unique case, but several ones.

/level1/level2/level3/level4/level5/level6/level7/level8/level9/file.wav [scan error: Invalid argument]

It seems, the avastcmd program can't check correctly the ZIP internal structure produced with this WINZIP program version (check advanced compression schemes).

As an additional note, the regular compression scheme doesn't produce this error.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
avast! does not unpack the WavPack compression (as used in WinZip 11 - method 97).
Don't know why it produces this error, however (that's a question for the Linux developers I guess) - normally, avast! should just skip those files.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
avast! does not unpack the WavPack compression (as used in WinZip 11 - method 97).
Don't know why it produces this error, however (that's a question for the Linux developers I guess) - normally, avast! should just skip those files.

I'll have look at this flaw.

pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)