Author Topic: Help me please  (Read 2019 times)

whelchel77

Help me please
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:51:50 AM »
OKay today my daughter was downloading an exe file of some sort and instead of letting avast handle the virus she kept hitting the do nothing button or whatever it is lol... and now I am infected with something. my little blue Avast icon in system tray has a small red circle with a red line in it on the icon and it wont start on access protection. I ran the program and it didnt find anything. I downloaded Hijack this to run and it wont run and neither will Spybot search and destroy. Not sure where to go from here. I am going to do a boot scan when I am done writing this and will update if anything is found. I do have a red ball with an X in it on my system tray that keeps popping up a message saying I Am infected and I should download this spyware tool. it pops up about every 30 seconds or so,. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Help me please
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:56:27 AM »
Hi, try this. Rename go into windows explorer and rename hijacktis.exe. Name it whatever.exe  then double click it and see if it will run.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.
Download this ptool from: http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe
Double-click Smitfraudfix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply as an attachment. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options until you are asked to do so!

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool";
it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:57:59 AM by oldman »