Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

cab archive is corrupted

<< < (6/12) > >>

oldman:
No, no need to re submit the files. We turffed one and the other two showed clean.

Can I get you to give DSS another go?

So far it looks good. What about this ?
"Did you uninstall/disable compaq monitoring tool?"

I asked because you have a legit service with a missing file. If you've removed it we can take care of the redundant service.

windward:
Hi again!
fyi - DSS wouldn't run so I downloaded it again. It ran fine after downloading to the same computer. The other version I downloaded to another computer and then transferred via removable drive. Anyway...here it is:

I don't know anything about the Compaq tool you are mentioning. Perhaps the virus disabled it or something?

Aloha,
Jim

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Richard T on 2008-03-11 12:52:37
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oldman:
This looks good. I f you want to remove that service here's the instructions.

Open HJT, run a system scan only, check mark these lines if present

O23 - Service: Content Monitoring Tool (msCMTSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTSrvc.exe (file missing)

Close all other browsers/windows, click fix, close HJT.

Click the start button, click run. In the run box copy and paste these lines, one at a time, hitting enter after each.

sc stop msCMTSrvc
sc delete msCMTSrvc

You also removed some legitamate HJT entries

backup-20080309-151052-359 O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dl
backup-20080309-151053-191 O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
backup-20080309-151053-213 O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
backup-20080309-151053-756 O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
backup-20080309-151054-364 O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll

You can restore those. Open HJT click the view backup button. Check mark them, click restore.

As for Wildtangent, they have cleaned up their act alot. It will come bundled with some Games/movies. It does not have to run at start up. You can leave those line out. Or you can just uninstall it via add/remove.

I just have to comment. I don't think I've ever seen java that old.
JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1 We'll take care of that duriing the clean up.

So do what you have do with the above, then procede with the clean up of the tools.

* Click start button, run, then copy and paste the following line into the box and click ok.

ComboFix /u

* Please download
 OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.

Open OTMOVEIT2 then click the Clean Up button. You may get prompted by your firewall that OTMoveIt wants to contact the internet -  allow this.  A cleanup.txt will be downloaded, a message dialog will ask you if you want to proceed with the cleanup process, click Yes. This will delete all the tools you have downloaded plus itself.

* Create a new restore point

You must be logged on to an administrator account
Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.
Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
In the text box labeled Restore Point Description, type a name for this restore point , click create

* Remove old restore points

- Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - system tools. Launch the Disk Cleanup tool and let it run. When it finishes a box with tabs will appear, select the more options tab. On this tab you will find a section for System Restore. If you press the Clean Up button for that section, Windows will delete all restore points except for the most recent one.

* Open an Internet Explorer (only) window and go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp > Scroll down to "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5...allows end-users to run Java applications".

Click the download button on the right.

> If Information Bar pop-ups up, right-click on it and say it's OK to display the blocked content.

You do not have to install the Java Web Start ActiveX Control

Accept the license agreement > Click on Windows (XP,Vista, .etc) Offline Installation, Multi-language and Save the file jre-6u5-windows-i586-p.exe to your desktop; do not Run it. Do not install it yet.

When the download is complete, Open Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs:

Uninstall anything that says Sun Java, Java JRE, or similar.

Close Add/Remove Programs.

In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Java <=this folder, if found. Delete any subfolders it may contain.

Do NOT delete C:\Program Files\JavaVM <=this folder, if found!

Reboot your computer.

Double-click on the saved file to install the update.

Delete the downloaded installation file after completing the above procedure  and reboot if not prompted to do so.

* Clear the java cache

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020300.xml

* Download and run this clean up utility. You can use it regularly. When it's first run, it is in demo mode to show you what it will remove. Review it and then rerun in real mode. It is configurable.

CleanUp by Steven Gould

http://www.stevengould.org/downloads/cleanup/

* DavidR gave you links for firewalls.

* Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector

windward:
I think I did everything correctly up until installing Java. I keep getting the message that the "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode (I'm not) or if Installer is not correctly Installed."
This is the file on my Desktop I am trying to install: jre-6u5-windows-i586-p.exe.
I deleted all Java, Sun, etc. from the computer. Neither of the files you mentioned were in the Program Files directory.
I did download the "Sun Download Manager" but deleted it.
Jim  ???

windward:
I did a boot scan using Avast and this is the report. Don't know if it'll be a help or not:

03/08/2008 07:05
Scan of all local drives
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTsrvc.exe is infected by Win32:Trojan-gen {VC}, Repair: Error 42060 {The file was not repaired.}, Repair: Error 42060 {The file was not repaired.}, Deleted

Number of searched folders: 3035
Number of tested files: 39507
Number of infected files: 1

----------------------------------------
03/09/2008 09:13
Scan of all local drives
File C:\Documents and Settings\Richard T\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ivhcykon.default\Cache\DD23C54Bd01\i386\dxdiagn.dl_\dxdiagn.dll Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Documents and Settings\Richard T\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ivhcykon.default\Cache\DD23C54Bd01\i386\dxdiagn.dl_ Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}

Number of searched folders: 3388
Number of tested files: 183176
Number of infected files: 0

03/09/2008 12:08
Scan of all local drives
File C:\Documents and Settings\Richard T\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ivhcykon.default\Cache\DD23C54Bd01\i386\dxdiagn.dl_\dxdiagn.dll Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Documents and Settings\Richard T\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ivhcykon.default\Cache\DD23C54Bd01\i386\dxdiagn.dl_ Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}

Number of searched folders: 3487
Number of tested files: 227063

03/11/2008 13:26
Scan of all local drives

Number of searched folders: 4904
Number of tested files: 268783

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page