Author Topic: T?SKMR.EXE AND reditty.com problems  (Read 2345 times)

Offline AARON

T?SKMR.EXE AND reditty.com problems
« on: February 28, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »
HELLO....AND PLEASE HELP ME!!! I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VIRTUALLY NEW DELL THAT HAS ME STUMPED, EXCEPT FOR JUST RE-INSTALLING VISTA, (NO XP, FOR SURE), BUT THE PROBLEM DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A PREVALENT ONE AMONG OTHERS. A NOVICE HAS THE COMPUTER (MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW) AND THE SETTINGS ALLOWED ALL COOKIES AND ADS UNTIL I CHANGED THE SETTINGS AND I UNINSTALLED MCAFEE AND NORTON AND OF COURSE INSTALLED AVAST HOME, BUT THE ABOVE-MENTIONED VIRUSES/SPYWARE REMAIN AFTER I DID A SCAN THROUGH AVAST, WHICH DID RID HER OF THE BHO FILES AND TRJ AND ADWARE. I ALSO INSTALLED SEARCH AND DESTROY AND AD-AWARE HOME, TO NO AVAIL.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT THE RESOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM IS?
ANY AND ALL HELP THAT YOU ALL CAN GIVE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED...THANK YOU AND MAY GOD CONTIUNE TO BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: T?SKMR.EXE AND reditty.com problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
Hi that would indicate a purity problem

If I could just confirm that with a look at your Hijackthis

As a Vista user I will require that all the programmes I ask you to run, be run by right clicking the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.  Otherwise some programmes may fail to do their job properly

Download & Run HijackThis.exe

• Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.