Author Topic: Windows XP (Luna) glitches  (Read 4084 times)

ono

Windows XP (Luna) glitches
« on: March 19, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »
Hi.. i'd like to report some glitch about Windows XP themes support in Avast!
See attached screenshot ... link has gray (wrong) background, should be transparent.
This IMHO should be done by returning empty (transparent) brush in parent WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC routine or/and overriding WM_ERASEBGRND.

Also ashQuick.exe program which displays window when virus detected in mail, has no manifest header (no theming support).

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 03:27:57 PM by Adam Strzelecki »

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Windows XP (Luna) glitches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:32:28 AM »
Sorry, but I don't know anything about that. That has nothing to do with skins, 'cause that screenshot you posted is from avast! ON-ACCESS scanner. It's not skinable... so, i don't have that problem, and I don't know how you could have it... Probably 'cause you are using one of those "bad" Visual styles for Windows XP, not original XP theme (Blue or silver one). Those are without errors. So many people makes those visual styles with errors and without checking it forst is it working well... and what's even worse, they publish them and those visual styles are available for download. Try with cheking on some other themes. I have more than 20 different visual syles for Windows... none of them has problems like the one you just showed us...

My advice, don't use Visual Styles for Windows unless you are 100% sure that the one you are going to use is 100% OK and made by good visual styles designers...

P.S. Here is one of those visual styles that i use... those are 100% OK. Take a look at screenshot...

Cheers !

ono

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »
My advice, don't use Visual Styles for Windows unless you are 100% sure that the one you are going to use is 100% OK and made by good visual styles designers...
Sorry.. I don't want to be arrogant but I cannot agree with you, it is for sure because this link control (which is not windows control / but custom probably derived from STATIC) is not transparent as it should be. So Avast! developers as I wrote before should play with WM_ERASEBGRND and WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC.

P.S. Here is one of those visual styles that i use... those are 100% OK. Take a look at screenshot...
Your VS doesn't define tab background colour (same as window colour).

Take a look at following screenshot... this is for sure Luna default (Microsoft) style.. which is not BAD one.

Regards,

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 12:58:20 AM »
Oh OK, I know what do you mean now... I've got the point...Sorry, can't help on this one. Someone from Alwil programmers should respond to this one...

You are one of those wonderful programmers, so I think it would be best to establish conversation between you and them. That would be the best way to solve your (or everyone's in general) problem...

Cheers !