Author Topic: Avast! Professional trial to Free Home Version - key only or new download?  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Wiggy516

New user and PC novice, with HUGE overload of personal issues (grief, new job, new things to learn, new life situation!) so it's difficult to read and assimulate too much tech talk : (

A friend got me reset up on the laptop my boyfriend gave me just before he unexpectedly died. The friend downloaded a free trial of the Avast! Professional program. I am just using this laptop for my personal use at home so I do not believe I want to purchase the professional version. It's ready to expire (3 days) and I cannot contact my friend. Can I register and get a Home version key and enter that (I read a board memo about going from the home to the pro version by doing that) and have it automatically update to the correct version? Or do I need to remove the pro version and then download the home version?

Your help will be greatly appreciated! Warmest regards, Sandi

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Right click the Avast icon and select about Avast
Click the licence key button
Click programme registration link
That will take you to the registration page
Just follow the simple steps there

If you need any more help just shout

CharleyO

Welcome to the forums, Wiggy516.    :)

By following essexboy's advice, your pro version should revert to the home version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
If you have any problem with what essexboy mentioned, I don't know if the pro trial version would take you to a page where you can buy avast pro.

Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

This should downgrade the pro trial to the home version, I don't know if you might have to be on line when entering the home registration key.

Insert Registration Key - Video
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Wiggy516

A BIG THANKS to ALL of you for so quickly responding with help! I requested the key for the home version and inserted into my professional version. It quickly and efficiently did its thing and it is now a workable home version! I know my boyfriend had wanted me to put this on the laptop and also have a "bot" stopper. Big hugs to all of you!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
No problem, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security