Author Topic: Pop-ups  (Read 3743 times)

jandawood

Pop-ups
« on: March 21, 2004, 01:52:52 AM »
 ???Can someone please help me?  I have recently installed the home version of Avast anti-virus system.  I use Windows XP and Internet Explorer.  My question is, does the anti-virus programme have an in-built pop-ups blocker and if so, how do I unblock it.   I need it unblocked to be able to log in to attend to my banking.   I am not a very experienced or knowledgeable computer user, and so I need instructions that are not too technical.   Thank you.

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 02:02:30 AM »
No, as far as I know, avast! doesn't have any pop-up blocker integrated.
avast! is the best antivirus software, not bloatware.

You should give us more information in the first place. Take a look at my signature. It's not made to show myself, but to give more information about my system, so I don't have to retype those system information every single time I want to post something in here...

The problem could be your software firewall if you have one, especially one of those like Outpost that has pop-up blocker integrated. Also, if you use some alternative to Internet Explorer like for example, MyIE2 or maybe Mozilla Firefox, Firebird or whatever browser that has pop-up blocker... just go there, find some settings and disable pop-up blocker.

I hope this helps a bit my friend...

Cheers !

jandawood

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 02:07:43 AM »
Thank you for your reply.  I have Sygate Firewall Protection and will try that for a pop-up blocker.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 02:36:25 AM »
Oh you don't have to thank me. We all are here to help each other. I just hope you'll find solution for your problem...

Anyway, keep us informed...

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 01:56:23 AM »
The problem could be your software firewall if you have one, especially one of those like Outpost that has pop-up blocker integrated. Also, if you use some alternative to Internet Explorer like for example, MyIE2 or maybe Mozilla Firefox, Firebird or whatever browser that has pop-up blocker... just go there, find some settings and disable pop-up blocker.

For me, MyIE2 has an excellent pop-up blocker.
The application Internet Explorer Maximizer (IEMaximizer) has a good pop-up killer too (configurated by the size of the pop-up)  ;)

Wellcome to forums.
The best things in life are free.