Author Topic: Unable to start avast! pls help  (Read 4621 times)

WuKong

Unable to start avast! pls help
« on: March 21, 2004, 07:26:41 PM »
hi.
i just installed avast and upon restarting my computer, a few errors occured.  pls see screen shot for details. thanks in advance!

WuKong

Re:Unable to start avast! pls help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 07:28:47 PM »
This is the 2nd error (or rather, the 2nd error msg that i came across.)

CoJo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 07:34:25 PM »
hi.
i just installed avast and upon restarting my computer, a few errors occured.  pls see screen shot for details. thanks in advance!

WuKong, welcome to the forums...
by no means am I an expert, but have you tried going to start-add/delete programs--click on Avast and try to repair?
if that does not work, you may have to uninstall then reinstall Avast...you can do a search on the forums through the search feature using "uninstall, reinstall Avast" for complete instructions.

sorry that I could not be more helpful, but hopefully it is a starting place for you.
another thing...do you have any other AV programs on your system? if so, there may be a conflict.

good luck!

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 02:10:01 AM »
If you search the forum for 'RPC' you will find a lot of threads about this...
Probably, you just have to check if the two avast! services are running and set to 'automatically start with windows' (Administrative Tools > Services ... right click the services and choose Properties).

Of course, I suppose the RPC service is running or you won't be at Windows  ;D (Remote Procedure Call is needed by avast!).

Sometimes, just booting solve the problem.
Others, you may uninstall, boot, install and boot again.

Wellcome to forums.  ;)
The best things in life are free.