Author Topic: Help my first Virus!!!  (Read 2286 times)

Ashley4eric

Help my first Virus!!!
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:39:19 AM »
I was downloading something a few minutes ago and Avast said it detected a Virus and for me to restart the computer so I did and it did a scan of the things I wanted it to and so it started up and it found some spyware and it found like 2 viruses. It said to do what the link said and it said to put it in the chest.Should I have deleted it or should I have put it in the Chest and is it safe there? Also if I were to click on it and delete it would it delete it completely off of my computer or would it put it back where it was and will my computer become messed up if I delete it? I deleted one of them because I don't know what the chest is and the other I put it in the chest so I am all confused.What am I doing right and what am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Help my first Virus!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 04:28:35 AM »
Should I have deleted it or should I have put it in the Chest and is it safe there?
You've done the right thing. Chest is safe and allow further investigation.

Also if I were to click on it and delete it would it delete it completely off of my computer or would it put it back where it was and will my computer become messed up if I delete it?
If you delete a file into Chest - there is no rush to do it, you can wait two weeks - it won't be restored and it won't mess your computer. The time is just to be sure it wasn't a false positive detection and that your computer could live without that file.
The best things in life are free.