Author Topic: Help No Interent Conn IE/Vista  (Read 2303 times)

ann123mar

Help No Interent Conn IE/Vista
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:58:44 PM »
OK.... I have read all the posts on the "page cannot display problem" with IE... I have Vista... downloaded latest Avast 4.8--- then could not connect internet  even tho I am "connected".. have a wireless router-- tried to uninstall Avast- prob went away at first-- now its happening again!!! Just read I need to DOWNLOAD an UNINSTALL Avast in order to UNINSTALL it completely?Huh Is that the problem? How one earth do I download when I can not connect to the internet?Huh!!!!! Tried going into my computer files one by one deleting all Alwil/Avast files... is there anything else I can do I am going nuts! Please help I am a total Non techie and just spent 350 bucks with Geeksquad re: some other problem pls pls help. I have Avast on another comp w/XP and its fine

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Help No Interent Conn IE/Vista
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.

If you want an installation from the scratch, after that, follow:

5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

ann123mar

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »
 ??? I can not download the Avast Uninstall because I HAVE NO INTERNET!!!!! Someone, how do I totally uninstall it?? I am so mad-- how can Avast publish these versions that cause all these probs and then not offer solutions that regular dummies like me can understand. Sigh. I am relagated to using the library computer for my internet.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »
Someone, how do I totally uninstall it??
Follow steps 1 to 4.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
??? I can not download the Avast Uninstall because I HAVE NO INTERNET!!!!! Someone, how do I totally uninstall it?? I am so mad-- how can Avast publish these versions that cause all these probs and then not offer solutions that regular dummies like me can understand. Sigh. I am relagated to using the library computer for my internet.

Your on the internet now, what is wrong with downloading it, burn to CD or USB and transfer to your other system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 02:05:02 AM »
Quite possible that a library computer does not offer facilities to burn cds or even to use a usb port.

Did you uninstall avast 4.8 by using the add/remove programs in Control Panel?

If so then you should not have needed to use the avast cleanup program.

Is avast presently installed or uninstalled on your system? 

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:12:10 AM by alanrf »