Author Topic: Virus in Temporary Internet Files  (Read 2731 times)

mkpatel

Virus in Temporary Internet Files
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:11:56 AM »
I have virus in temporary internet file folder, which does not go away.  I have deleted all the temp and temporary inter file folder files, but still keep popping up.  Removed to chest and deleted, nothing seems to work.  I have XP Home P.  SP2.

Need help fast.

thanks.
mkp

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Virus in Temporary Internet Files
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »
What is the infected file name, and the malware name e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx, malware name) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

You may have an undetected downloader or browser hijack on your system.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode and report the findings (it should product a log file).

SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Virus in Temporary Internet Files
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
I suggest:

1. Disable System Restore and reenable it after step 3.
2. Clean your temporary files.
3. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on.
4. Like David said, use SUPERantispyware and/or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
5. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
6. Make a HijackThis log to post here or, better, submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster or Windows Advanced Care.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.