Author Topic: Home page  (Read 10090 times)

hines232

Re: Home page
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 03:44:32 AM »
OK, Thanks

hines232

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 03:56:34 AM »
IT WORKED !!!
My VRDB (I have it set to run when screen saver is on. (it is doing something because the hhd lights up for quite a while and then stops. (screen saver is still on, and monitor in low power.
What worked? The connection? I think there is no relationship between VRDB being generated at screen saver time and WebShield and connection... just this.

Other times I get to home page fine. I do not know what is going on !!!.
Which webpage? Can you post the link? If you use another browser, can you see the webpage?
What Worked ?( I had connected to internet, but not home page !!. don't want to install an other browser !!!. The home page is:  http://My.Myway.Com/

Sesame

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 04:01:30 AM »
O.K.  I went to my way.com and saw there was secure mode and standard mode.  If you were using standard mode, try secure mode.  Do you see any difference?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 04:02:04 AM »
This page is shown as being malware source by K9 filter...
Is is a clean page?
The best things in life are free.

Sesame

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 04:09:27 AM »
At least, WOT didn't warn me and SiteAdvisor doesn't have info on the site.

O.K.  I searched a bit and have found more info on myway.com at wiki.
My Way (web portal)
MyWay Searchbar
You can see the snapshot of MyWay Searchbar in Avast! chest on the wiki site.  The site itself may be not an immediate threat but considering the relation to the searchbar, I think it would be better off from the site, too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:31:15 AM by Rumpelstiltskin »

hines232

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:51 AM »
Is is a clean page?
This is MYway home page. (I don't know what you have there ).Any way, We can close this post. ;D  Had done some maintenance today using  wiseregcleaner, and had the same thing happen after I cleaned reg. So it is not Avast !!!  All of You, THANKS !!!

hines232

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 05:03:30 AM »
Is is a clean page?
Sorry, missunder stood your post.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
Had done some maintenance today using  wiseregcleaner, and had the same thing happen after I cleaned reg.
You can restore the changes made by WiseRegCleaner if you want.

Is is a clean page?
Just that www.k9webprotection.com detected that page as being a malware source, nothing more than that. Linkscanner and Dr.Web return clean for that page. Maybe just a K9 false positive.

Sesame

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 03:25:54 PM »
Just that www.k9webprotection.com detected that page as being a malware source, nothing more than that. Linkscanner and Dr.Web return clean for that page. Maybe just a K9 false positive.
K9 may be right...at least, the site doesn't seem to be totally innocent.  Please, read my comment above with the links to wiki.  "Free, no advertisement search service" is, indeed, odd...how do they keep the service running?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:29:01 PM by Rumpelstiltskin »

hines232

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
Had done some maintenance today using  wiseregcleaner, and had the same thing happen after I cleaned reg.

Is is a clean page?
All other cleaning with wiseregcleaner was OK !!!!, except for hanging me with my web page, like I thought Avast was doing !!> thanks

hines232

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »

Is is a clean page?
All other cleaning with wiseregcleaner was OK !!!!, except for hanging me with my web page, like I thought Avast was doing !!> thanks
P.S. I checked out k9 web sight, (windowsxp/vista) No ME. is ther software out there like k9, that will work with ME. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 10:46:45 PM »
P.S. I checked out k9 web sight, (windowsxp/vista) No ME. is ther software out there like k9, that will work with ME. Thanks
I don't think so... Even Naomi (http://www.radiance.m6.net/) requires Windows 2k or superior.

hines232

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
I don't think so... Even Naomi (http://www.radiance.m6.net/) requires Windows 2k or superior.
AOK !Thank you.