Author Topic: ashServ.exe  (Read 3451 times)

dwdwdw

ashServ.exe
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
Hello, when I try to disable ashServ.exe in win XP services I get access denied error message. I wish to disable this from time to time on my PC, how do I do it? Regards DW

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: ashServ.exe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »
Disable or stop?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

dwdwdw

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:39 AM »
Hello thanks for the speedy reply. I wish to disable it ie I dont want it running on my PC. I can stop the it but cannot set the service to disabled or indeed manual. As I get the error message. so I want to set the service to disable will I need to delete it from the registry?

Dave

rassel

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »
I know what your talking about and there is a forum same the problem your having over HERE you trying to change the avast services to manual or disable it but getting access denied.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:37:54 AM by rassel »

dwdwdw

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »
yes have now worked out what to do; which is in case any others want to know, & without having to justify why you want to take control of your own computer to someone else who's business it isnt! open avast user interface, click on settings go to troubleshooting, click box disable avast! self defense module. go to services clock stop; then properties, then disable service & its stopped & disabled. Nice to be able to control whats on your own PC I say. Regards DW

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »
yes have now worked out what to do; which is in case any others want to know, & without having to justify why you want to take control of your own computer to someone else who's business it isnt! open avast user interface, click on settings go to troubleshooting, click box disable avast! self defense module. go to services clock stop; then properties, then disable service & its stopped & disabled. Nice to be able to control whats on your own PC I say. Regards DW
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35150.msg298683#msg298683
The best things in life are free.