Author Topic: win32:passma(wrm)  (Read 2254 times)

behappykiran

win32:passma(wrm)
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:20:11 AM »
Dear,
plz help me when i scan my my pc then get virus (win32:passma(wrm)) it repaired or deleted it not deleted or reparied so plz help me . now i am using last update.
also i get one other virus name called (win32.trojan.gen{other} ) both are not deleted or reparied so plz let me know how to remove

my softare are affcted by this virus

plz do it ASAP

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran.P
India.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: win32:passma(wrm)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:14:18 PM »
What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

You could have more than one element to an infection and the other part/s (undetected/hidden) are restoring the file which is being detected again by avast.

What is your firewall ?
It should be capable of blocking unauthorised outbound Internet Connections.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode and report the findings (it should product a log file).
1. SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version. Or Spyware Terminator Resident scanner (if you use this don't install the toolbar or crawler or the anti-virus module). Or a-Squared free. I suggest trying then in order as the order that represents the better detection and clean-up. Some elements of the programs might not work if you have an older OS like win9x or winME, this is namely the resident protection in SpywareTerminator.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security