Author Topic: Preferences  (Read 4413 times)

vaughnh

Preferences
« on: April 01, 2004, 08:57:27 PM »
I've just downloaded v4 and am a new user trying to get away from Norton and Mcafee.  Install went great and now want to reset some preferences (like auto virus updates, etc.).  How do I do that?

Also is there a user doc for V4.  I got the one for V3, is that the latest?

Thank you
Vaughn

Pavel Baudis

Re:Preferences
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 09:01:58 PM »
Click on Menu (depends on skin, usually in the upper left corner) - here you can change all setting, skins etc....

The latest documentation is in the Help delivered together with the program.

Enjoy  :D !

Pavel

vaughnh

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 09:16:11 PM »
Thanks Pavel.  A whole new world opened up to me.  I had been trying to do everything via the icon in the systray!
Didn't even see the icon on the desktop---and I even live in Silicon Valley!
Thanks again.
Vaughn ;D

ylap

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 09:34:04 PM »
hey, it's very easy to use program, just sit a little reading help file or configure program and press help button. So, a few viruses to you and enjoy using avast! Home edition. (I think it's your version)  ;)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 10:19:35 PM »
Thanks Pavel.  A whole new world opened up to me.  I had been trying to do everything via the icon in the systray!
Didn't even see the icon on the desktop---and I even live in Silicon Valley!
Thanks again.
Vaughn ;D

Hi Vaughn, and welcome,  :)

Don't forget that even if you're just working from the systray icon, one of the menu choices there is "Start avast", which will open the main interface just as if you'd used a desktop icon.

Best,
Mike
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 10:20:19 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 01:22:11 AM »
Don't forget that even if you're just working from the systray icon, one of the menu choices there is "Start avast", which will open the main interface just as if you'd used a desktop icon.

After you do what Mike said, try right click on the skin and you will see another menu full of option. Try Settings  ;)
The best things in life are free.

vaughnh

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 03:05:18 AM »
You guys are really cool!
I understand McAfee is up for sale, want to do a bit of M&A?  They're just down the street.
BTW I just got through staying in the Hotel Constans, pretty close to the US Embassy in Prague.  Great town you guys live in.

Thanks again,
Vaughn