Author Topic: Incoming Mail checked by Avast  (Read 2218 times)

zandman

Incoming Mail checked by Avast
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »
Recently I started using Avast v.4.8 Home Edition. Before that I relied on AVG FREE. On the bottom of each incoming mail (Outlook) AVG put a notice saying: No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.6/1482 - Release Date: 6/4/2008 7:10 AM

Can I configure Avast to do the same.
Thank you
Hans

EricEgan

Re: Incoming Mail checked by Avast
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »
If you double click the Avast Icon then click "Details" at the bottom of the window that pops up and then select the Outlook element and then click on "Custom" on the right hand side, you can make avast put it on every incoming and outgoing email. You can also disable the flash screen etc, just flick through the tabs for each option.

Eric

zandman

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
If you double click the Avast Icon then click "Details" at the bottom of the window that pops up and then select the Outlook element and then click on "Custom" on the right hand side, you can make avast put it on every incoming and outgoing email. You can also disable the flash screen etc, just flick through the tabs for each option.

Eric

Thanks Eric, simple thing to do ... if you know where to look!
Hans

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
If you use any other email program, do the same for the Internet Mail provider ;)
The best things in life are free.