Author Topic: False positive for "too many identical e-mails"  (Read 2636 times)

Firetree

False positive for "too many identical e-mails"
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:59:09 AM »
Avast has just recently (last week or two) started giving me alarms of "too many identical e-mails in appointed time" when I send mail to multiple recipients.  This isn't a spambot issue...they're my valid messages, and for each addressee (anywhere from three to 12) I get the alarm message and have to override it to get the message sent.

Using Eudora 6.2.3.4, PGP Desktop digital signing, XP Pro SP2.  Also use SpyBot S&D and AdAware...nothing detected there, but like I said, it doesn't appear to be a valid alarm.

It's driving me bazonkers and takes up a lot of my time, as I do a lot of multiple addressee mailing.  However, I use Constant Contact for newsletter mailings, etc.  These are simply business messages with a relatively small distribution, and I've not had this problem until quite recently.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: False positive for "too many identical e-mails"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:42:31 AM »
This isn't a spambot issue...they're my valid messages
Change the Heuristic (Advanced) tab of settings for Internet Mail and Oulook plugin.
avast allow such a configuration of the providers, by-passing the alerts.
The best things in life are free.

Firetree

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 03:39:48 AM »
Thanks much.  Solved the issue.  I've been using Avast for many years and never had the inclination to "drill down" that far in the menus to find that setting.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
I've been using Avast for many years and never had the inclination to "drill down" that far in the menus to find that setting.
Living and learning.
avast is very much configurable. Enjoy the power!
The best things in life are free.