Author Topic: Avast found Win32: trojan-gen  (Read 19410 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast found Win32: trojan-gen
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:10 PM »
Someone over at MBAM suggested I restore these and scan again. I didn't want to chance it, but Avast found these things again when they were out of the Chest and I put 'em back. Had them there for about a month. There's also a "IPLogger.txt" on the desktop. I'm not sure what that is or how it got there. What do I do with these things now?

First and foremost what files are they suggesting you restore ?
If you have at any time uploaded these files to virustotal (as you have with rz11.tmp 15/36 detections) and had multiple detections then to my mind that is confirmation enough and a waste of time, no need extract (see below) to scan with MBMA.

Restoration to the original location is 'never' a good idea as it could reactivate  malware.

Fortunately avast caters for this with the extract (copy) option where you can place it in a temporary folder like the suspect folder I had you create before and exclude so avast wouldn't alert in that folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security