Author Topic: new user bad problem  (Read 2827 times)

darchin

new user bad problem
« on: April 08, 2004, 07:17:23 AM »
i have read many good reviews of this software. and i would love to use it, but i am having a major problem with it. after installation, when i do an initial scan of my computer, it finds about 300 viruses, win-32-pirat or something. basically, almost every .exe file on the machine gets tagged with this. this is before and after a hard-disk reformat, windows xp reintsall, on a kind-of-new dell. the software is all legal, from dell, but it claims like 70% of my .exe's as viruses and blocks my usage from them. after the scan, there's almost nothing left that i have access to. i've looked in the forums, but didn't see anything about this. i did a normal install. am i missing something important?? please send some kind of an answer, as so many people use this software with success and never complain about this. it won't even allow me to tell it that these exe's aren't viruses, it just says delete, move to safe box, or ignore (to which it denies access). thank you

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:new user bad problem
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:15:37 AM »
Sorry to hear such thing,but you might wanna try to doublecheck the disk by running some online scans from my page www.security-ops.tk.
Just to make sure if avast! has a problem or you really have so many infected files. Oh welcome to forums :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:new user bad problem
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »
Darchin, wellcome! Sorry for your bad experience...

RejZoR give you the right way I suppose: on-line scanning will be the answer (www.trendmicro.com for instance)

Did you install any antivirus before avast in your system? Did you remove it? How?

Did you search the web for win-32-pirat?
The best things in life are free.