Author Topic: win32:trojan-gen  (Read 14829 times)

onejiz8

win32:trojan-gen
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:53:33 PM »
in my avast log viewer under warning section it says sign of win32:trojan-gen found THREE TIMES ONE in temp docs other two say

windows\system32\~.exe"file            ive scaned my computer everything seems to be wokin fine so i canttell if i have  a virus or not need ADVICE PLEASE

wyrmrider

Re: win32:trojan-gen
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »
you placed these in the Chest- right??
if not update avast and schedule a boot time scan- move hits to chest and post the boot time log here

In either case

create a file C:\suspicious
copy these three there
go on line to "virus total"
use the "search" to navigate to your new folder and upload the three files one at a time
report back

onejiz8

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:47:32 PM »
they wouldnt move to my chest from the start n ive been trying to move them to my chest but i cant cant seem to move them from my loger to my chest

onejiz8

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
anyone know how to schuled a boot time scan n move items from ur logger to ur chest

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
anyone know how to schuled a boot time scan n move items from ur logger to ur chest
Are you using Windows XP/Vista?
Scheduling the Boot Time Scan

Click on the Menu button.
Choose Schedule Boot Time Scan.
Doing so displays a dialog allowing you to schedule virus scanning.
Check Archives, if you want scan all the archives.
Specify whether all the disks or just a specific folder should be scanned.
Select Advanced options for scheduling details.
Select how to automatically process infected files (suggestion: send to Chest)
Choose how to automatically process infected system files (suggestion: ignore/do nothing)
Click the Schedule button to confirm the settings.
The best things in life are free.

onejiz8

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:40:22 AM »
xp  hey tech i did every thing u said scaned all local disks it said no infect found so when scanwas done i tried single file scan i put word for word except SIGN OF win32:trojan-gen found i put c:windows then .file whatever the whole thing said but when i entered it it said error find the correct pathso i couldnt do single scan thanks for the help though
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:45:33 AM by onejiz8 »

wyrmrider

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 02:50:34 AM »
let's get a second opinion
scan with malware bytes online Rogue Remover
then with
malware bytes anti malware

post back if they find anything

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »
It's a strange file, does not seem to be a false positive...

I suggest:

1. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
2. Clean your temporary files.
3. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
4. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
5. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
6. Make a HijackThis log to post here or, better, submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster or Windows Advanced Care.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

onejiz8

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:08:08 AM »
i tryed dr cureit malwarebytes online rogue remover n anti-malbytes stil nothing but said everything was fine i deleted all temp files cookies schuled scan rebooted the only thing is there are files in my virus chest its just that they dont match up with the names  or dates of any of the files in my loger n the ones in my VIRUS CHEST  say they have no virus n computer still working lso everytime i run any malwarebytes or drcureit i turn off my avast im i suppose to turn avast off
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:13:24 AM by onejiz8 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 03:11:07 AM »
schuled scan rebooted the only thing is there are files in my virus chest its just that they dont match up with the names  or dates of any of the files in my loger n the ones in my VIRUS CHEST  say they have no virus n computer still working
Maybe you're seeing files that were there at System folder, clean ones, there for backup purposes automatically by avast.

I can only suggest full computer on-line scanning:
Kaspersky (very good detection rates)
ESET NOD32
Trendmicro housecall
F-Secure
BitDefender (free removal of the malware)

onejiz8

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 03:18:31 AM »
when i do any of these scanning of viruses should i have my avasst off because ive been turning my off every time i do a scan

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 03:29:53 AM »
when i do any of these scanning of viruses should i have my avasst off because ive been turning my off every time i do a scan
Some people say yes, you will avoid two antivirus at the same time fighting for detection.
Other ones will say you should never turn off the resident protection.

I'm among the second group of people ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
I'm among the first ;D
You can still have the web shield enabled, whilst pausing the standard shield and you should also have your firewall keeping your connection stealthed.

It isn't only just about clashed but duplicate scanning which will slow the overall scan duration.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jtaylor83

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
Hi there. I think this filename maybe related to a backdoor trojan.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=36633.0

onejiz8

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 03:36:48 AM »
the latest on my find after tryin kapersky, eset nod32, computer ok scan said then trendmirco housecall that one wanted me to take out avast so i stoped finally f- secure came up with results 1 malware found said it was a tracking cookie n in the process of scan of steps cleaning system was the finsh button  it said system was cleared but when i went to my avst logger the entries were still there so i think the quest continues