Author Topic: Why display k@rma?  (Read 11677 times)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Why display k@rma?
« on: April 09, 2004, 07:32:36 PM »
Hi all,

I know we've gone through hassles about k@rma, and lost the ability to input to that feature as a result.  I certainly won't argue with that decision -- but if the figures are now in effect frozen, why display them at all?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Why display k@rma?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 09:23:04 PM »
they are a reminder of eariler times... a time where we co existed peacefully under the system... untill 2 members started a HUGE fight and then Pavel took it away

anyway I dont want to get back into this  :-[
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 09:23:42 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

shgoh

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 10:01:22 AM »
why not remove it to prevent more confusion?... :)

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 12:28:15 PM »
and why don't we behave ourselves so we can get it again  ::) , you know, I somehow like this system  :-\
MW

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 07:57:57 PM »
It wasn't just two people.  Please don't narrow it down to just two people based on what you read in a couple of threads.  I have requested that mine be reduced to zero to no avail.  I've already been convicted with this crime and I'm left with the impression since I'm the "last man standing" that I will forever have the stigma branded on my forehead.  But that's okay.   So be it.  So much for statutes of limitations in a free and open border society.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 09:11:39 PM »
they are a reminder of eariler times... a time where we co existed peacefully under the system... untill 2 members started a HUGE fight and then Pavel took it away

but it was you who didn't follow the rules; I remember the night, it was at about 3am, only 2-3 members were online and I replied an opposite message than yours and there was the only explicable person who decreased my karma during 10-15 minutes ;).

I was against karma system and I didn't use it so much (maybe I was little paranoid about reporting).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 09:15:11 PM by pk »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 09:42:39 PM »
i did smite you pk. its been a while. But now that I have come to know you I regret smiting you  :)

EDIT: Culpepper, I did not mean to hurt anyone with my eariler post. I just typed what I rember about the topic, If you like I will delete it for you
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 09:45:51 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 09:59:13 PM »
I'm not angry.  And you're not the only one that has brought up "my history" in the past either directly or indirectly.  The fact is I have never been a supporter of the grade each other concept.  Avast is a great product.  Otherwise, I would have migrated a very long time ago.  One thing I am guilty of is complaining about the abuse that was actually going on.  I didn't let it go.  To the point that it was taken away from us and I was warned that I was about to be banned.  I didn't sit still and wait for the United Nations to do something about a reported abuse that had been going on for quite some time.  Nevertheless, I'm no angel.  What else are pirates for?

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 10:00:09 PM »
What else are pirates for?
 ;DLOL ;D

Culpeper

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 10:09:46 PM »
 8)

CoJo

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 10:15:56 PM »
Hi all,

I know we've gone through hassles about k@rma, and lost the ability to input to that feature as a result.  I certainly won't argue with that decision -- but if the figures are now in effect frozen, why display them at all?

Mike, I totally agree with you on this...
it has caused too much ill will in the forums

what is done is done and we need to move on, I think.

and showing the number of karma of "old-timers" when we can't give one to any who is helpful (newbie or old timer) doesn't seem right...

jmo, of course

cojo

techie101

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 02:13:04 AM »
If you just take a minute to look at the comments made in this "topic" line alone, you will clearly understand why Pavel will not allow the Karma again.

The Karma that shows is just a reminder of the good that each person has done.

Let things lie.

Techie101

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 02:14:33 AM »
Let things lie.
yea techie is right.

Offline phil2

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2004, 07:53:24 AM »
Hi Guys
A question (obviously) of no importance now....but am intrigued by posts...what exactly was karma ???
Cheers!  Phil

p.s.Ignore my post if opening old wounds!
Windows 7 home service pack 1 64-bit
avast! Pro Antivirus     Malwarebytes Pro resident
    Winpatrol Pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster