Author Topic: Avast 4.8 Home Edition and Outlook Exchange problem  (Read 2932 times)

craigmo2

Avast 4.8 Home Edition and Outlook Exchange problem
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
I use Outlook 2003 and all of the sudden my email is not getting scanned. In the Avast 4.8 Home Edition On Access Program Control Panel it states... "The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start" but shows the Outlook exchange is running. If I hover over the icon in the task bar it states..."on access scanner: 7 provider, 6 running. I went to  Outlook to see if the outlook exchange is disabled, and it is not... nothing is showing up in disabled items. My icon in the task bar dose not show up any more while updating also. Any ideas?  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 4.8 Home Edition and Outlook Exchange problem
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:04:28 AM »
Make sure, again, the avast plugin is not disabled into MS Outlook:
Outlook 2003 > Help > About > Disabled items.

Maybe you can disable the plugin, boot, enable it again.
Also, which firewall do you use? Any other security program?
The best things in life are free.

craigmo2

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
Before I received a reply I was going to try and uninstall and reinstall Avast program but decided to use the repair option when going to uninstall. Well, everything seems to be working now after the repair so I guess problem solved...thanks anyway.  :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Before I received a reply I was going to try and uninstall and reinstall Avast program but decided to use the repair option when going to uninstall. Well, everything seems to be working now after the repair so I guess problem solved...thanks anyway.  :D
You're welcome. Glad you've finally succeed ;)
The best things in life are free.