Author Topic: Where are my files going  (Read 1954 times)

loady

Where are my files going
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »
Hi I just installed this two days ago.  I have avast WHS and PRO trials.  I have a lot of files on my Sever that are disappearing when I open folders.. I know these files don't have any problems but Avast makes them go away and I cant find them anywhere..  How do I keep that from happening?  I want the files scanned I just don't want them deleted with out my authorization.

:UPDATE:  Okay So what I have done now was Exclude my download folders.  SO I'm thinking I can do that then just copy the files over to my computer and then scan it .. So if I find a real virus I don't run it. Is that they way this works, or is it easier than that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:30:35 AM by loady »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Where are my files going
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:07:30 PM »
Did you configure the 'Virus' page of Task settings to delete the files automatically?
Did you configure 'Silent Mode' into the Advanced tab of Standard Shield settings?
Are the files being send to Chest (quarantine)?

avast does not perform automatic actions unless the user configure it to do so.
The best things in life are free.

loady

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:33:35 PM »
Okay I see where I could have messed up I never used this before and sounds like I need to go back to default settings and really read slowly what each action does. Thank for the help

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »
I need to go back to default settings
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.