Author Topic: Scanning errors while LAN file operations  (Read 2984 times)

sandeep108

Scanning errors while LAN file operations
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
The log file is showing errors at times when copying/moving files over my home LAN:

15/09/2008 15:50:43   SYSTEM   1752   AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of \\PC3\Xxxx Docs\My Personal Files\foldername\filename.doc failed, 00000005. 

What could be the reason?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Scanning errors while LAN file operations
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:45:46 PM »
Error 5 is access denied.
Are you logged as an administrator?
Isn't that file (.doc) opened and in use?
The best things in life are free.

sandeep108

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
No, I usually am never logged in as Admin, unless I need to install programs/updates.

No, there are large numbers of similar errors. The files in question are not in use. The copying operations are mostly for backup and generally triggered by Karen's Replicator on network drives or specific backup of one or more files through explorer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
No, I usually am never logged in as Admin, unless I need to install programs/updates.
Maybe it's just this... you don't have access rights to that particular folder/file.
The best things in life are free.

sandeep108

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:38:07 AM »
Thanks for your replies. But if I do not have permissions for that, then how is the file accessed and copied? There are no warnings in Karen's Replicator's log.

In any case, these are backups of files either to/from in the Shared Documents folder which my wife and I share for documents, photos, etc. and it is better to keep backups on each other's HDD. So permissions should not be a problem.

Wait a minute - could encryption be a problem here?