Author Topic: Re: Avast Virus actions  (Read 3968 times)

WarrenG

Re: Avast Virus actions
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have used Avast Home edition for a number of years. 

I really rate the program having used other Anti virus programs especially the on-access scanner, but I do get disappointed with the slow scanning speed and if a virus is found the program waits for you to action it.

I was wondering if there is the facility to automatically send viruses found to the chest so that the scanning can continue and finish?  :-\

There has been many of occasions when I have left my PC on through the night to do a full scan and found in the morning that Avast has found something and has stopped waiting for an action with only say 3% of the scan complete  :(

If this facility isn't in the home edition is it available in the Pro edition?

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »
I was wondering if there is the facility to automatically send viruses found to the chest so that the scanning can continue and finish?  :-\

Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, that option is only available in the Pro version of avast!

In the Home version, you can check the option "Don't show this window again" when in shows up when the first virus is found, and then you click on the button "No action". When you do this, the scan continues, and you will at the end of the scan, see the results of the scan and on that list you can perform actions.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

WarrenG

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:17:14 PM »
Thanks Bluesman for you fast reply!  Is there a way of checking the option  "Don't show this window again" before it finds the first virus somewhere in the settings??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Re: Avast Virus actions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »
Thanks Bluesman for you fast reply!  Is there a way of checking the option  "Don't show this window again" before it finds the first virus somewhere in the settings??
No. Only in the Professional version.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »
In the Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" when the first virus warning appears, select the "No action" button. This way, no action will be taken and you will given the results at the end of the scan (and you can perform actions from there). Over time this will become less of an issue, as the resident, on-access scanners are designed to intercept infection before it gets into your system.

- There was one suggestion to place something like the eicar virus test file at the start of the first drive to be scanned in a file like ~a-eicar.com that should soon be detected and you can do the option "Don't show this window again" when the first virus warning appears, select the "No action" button. So you should have a list of files waiting your action.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

WarrenG

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
Thanks for your reply guys!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security