Author Topic: Error updating VPS  (Read 4104 times)

rafamad

Error updating VPS
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:02:04 PM »
Hello, while trying to update the VPS with the downloaded file vpsupd.exe i get an error window which says:

Can't install VPS update. Please, report following errorcodes:
Ver: 4.8.1229
SI: 0x00000002
ST:0xFFFFFFFF
LE: 0x00000000

¿How can i update the virus definitions?
Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Error updating VPS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
Which is your Windows? 98, Me, XP, Vista?

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).

After that, try running the downloaded file again.
The best things in life are free.

thommy18

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »
How can you try update the Avast ? Should you try to update with options in system tray icon of avast.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:14:20 AM »
How can you try update the Avast ? Should you try to update with options in system tray icon of avast.
But in this case the user must have an Internet connection and seems that it does not have one...

rafamad

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »
I have windows xp, i tried to repair the instalation but when i click remove nothing the sandclock but nothing happens.
I do have internet, but it seems that avast can't conect, (even having disabled the windows firewall) because each time i start my computer a red small window on the taskbar says that there has been a problem and avast coudn't update the vps, click here to view the problem.. or something similar but when i click the window disapears and another window similar to the firsone apears saying that i have an old version of vps, i click this second window and nothing happens..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:44 PM »
You shouldn't disable Windows firewall. It can't block avast updates.
On other side, which was your old antivirus? How did you remove it?

rafamad

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »
I had norton, and to removeit i had to download a program to removeit from sysmantec, and after that i had to delete some registry entries..., however, i removed avast from my computer and then reinstalled it again, before restarting i executed the updating program and it worked, now i have a problem, i downloaded a new VPS update, and when i run it i get the same error window but this time it says:

Can't install VPS update. Please, report following errorcodes:
Ver: 4.8.1229
SI:0x00000005
ST:0x00000000
LE:0x00000000

¿why my avast doesn't update automaticly? ¿why it doesn't update when i click update virus database?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »
¿why my avast doesn't update automaticly? ¿why it doesn't update when i click update virus database?
Please, post the last 300-350 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log