Author Topic: Where can I submit dangerous and exploited (malware ridden) URL links?  (Read 2644 times)

epv888

Hi guyz,

Since the newest version of avast! included a nice feature of blocking of malware URLs, I would just like to know where can I submit some possible dangerous and exploited (malware ridden) URLs for Avast to block in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Where can I submit dangerous and exploited (malware ridden) URL links?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »
email virus (at) avast dot com giving a brief outline and the URLs.

Now I don't know if those would be added to the VPS which includes these malware URLs or not, it would depend on what is there.

For example phishing sites aren't being added as there really are too many and would make the task unwieldy I think they would be sticking to very serious viruses/worms, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

epv888

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »
Thanks for the quick response DavidR. Most of the URL links I encountered were Rogue Spyware Scanners, Search Engine Hijacks and some known malicious sites (eg. "System Doctor").

I'll try and send avast! the URL links so they can analyse and add it to their blacklisted URLs as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:35 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

I somehow doubt that these would be added as they are a low level threat that to a certain degree the avast resident protection generic and algorithmic signatures are trying to combat (the different variants, etc.).

But I'm only an avast user like yourself, so I could easily be wrong ;D often.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kubecj

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:10:17 PM »
Yeah, mail to virus, you may also CC to me directly (my forum nick=my email). Until we straighten the submission process, it will be a bit of the manual work. Just a note - we're interested in the most complete urls, ideally directly leading to malware download.