Author Topic: URL Block in next version  (Read 2477 times)

BrBrasil

URL Block in next version
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:22:45 AM »
Hello guys,

I was just wondering, any chance of the next version comes out with the URL block feature (The one I mean is the old one in web shield) present in the current 4.8 version?

Its the best feature for me, its so good leave your computer with it set to block all kinds of exe files like (exe,pif,bat,com,scr) plus zip, etc... So you can leave it with confidence that no one that will use your computer will download anything that you dont want to for your machine... =-)

Thanks for your time!

BrBrasil
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:30:15 PM by BrBrasil »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: URL Block in next version
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:43:58 AM »
Its the best feature for me, its so good leave your computer with it set to block all kinds of exe files like (exe,pif,bat,com,scr) plus zip, etc... So you can leave it with confidence that no one that will use your computer will download anything that you dont want to for your machine... =-)
You are not making much sense. Why should Avast! block files that are not harmfull, but just have a certain extension? And what have extensions to do with using your computer? Those are two entirely different things which have nothing to do with eachother.

If other are using your system, it is your choice. Just give them a limited account and set restrictions (Learn how to use your OS!)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »
I also don't understand the question... are you asking whether we're going to remove the URL block feature in the next version of avast!?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »
I was just wondering, any chance of the next version comes out with the URL block feature (The one I mean is the old one in web shield) present in the current 4.8 version?
It's still there, in the new version...
The best things in life are free.