Author Topic: Re install Question  (Read 5730 times)

troglodite

Re install Question
« on: May 29, 2003, 03:13:24 PM »
I am going to have to uninstall Avast and reinstall it again.  I plan on downloading the latest version when I am ready in reinstall it.  My question is, will I need another code key to activate it? Or can I use the original one?

While I'm at it though,  has anyone had any conflicts between AVAST and defrag programs. Perfect Disk 5 in particular?

Any and all help is appreciated.

shgoh

Re:Re install Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 03:36:06 PM »
I am going to have to uninstall Avast and reinstall it again.  I plan on downloading the latest version when I am ready in reinstall it.  My question is, will I need another code key to activate it? Or can I use the original one?
Any and all help is appreciated.

there's a previous thread on this question.... ;)

as for the other...no idea. :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:37:44 PM »
You can use the same key.

As about conflicts with other programs, I have not heard about PerfectDisk. However, we could take a look at it, if you provide us with its exact version and download URL, and some info about your operating system...

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

n4cer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 06:42:30 PM »
I use PerfectDisk 4.0 on Windows XP without any conflicts with Avast.

Newer OSs like Windows 2000 and XP have special defrag APIs that defrag programs can use without causing conflicts with other applications, but I imagine the Win9x versions of Windows shouldn't have a problem either.