Author Topic: everest poker and avast  (Read 6985 times)

akama

everest poker and avast
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
Hello all

I have installed the latest version of avast home yesterday and since i can't connect anymore to the everest poker room... Anyone have a solution or the same problem ?
Thanks to all !

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: everest poker and avast
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:52:15 PM »
Please tell more. Was this a installation of avast, a update of avast or a vps update or a combination of the two?

Do you get a error when trying to go to that website? If so, what is the exact error?

Also tell us the installed avast version and the vps version

akama

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:20 PM »
Hello :
Avast version is : 4.8.1296
It was an update of an older version.
The vps is : 081203-0  (12 03 2008)

When i try to connect at Everest poker i got no message error.
I have also tried to disable avast but the problem is the same, can't connect.
And i think it's avast cause 5 minutes before installing the update of avast, everestpoker was working fine, and just after the update everest poker was not working anymore.
I have also tried to resintall the evrest poker prog but still the same problem.
Thanks for your help :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
If this previously worked but after the update it doesn't I would normally say this is firewall related, e.g. blocking avast's web shield. However, I doubt this is the case since you don't report not being able to connect to any web site.

Are you able to browse other sites normally ?

What is your firewall, full name and version, e.g. Zone Alarm Pro/Free version 7.x.x.x, etc.

How do you log-on to the site, normal http page enter user name and password, validated at a secure https web page and finally back to a normal http web page, etc. ?

What browser are you using and have you tried a different browser ?
Does terminating the web shield make any difference ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

akama

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
re :)

I can connect to all the websites, everest poker is an independant prog that connect to internet (so no browser).
I have tried to stop  the webshield, and always the same problem.
about the firewall i didn't touch to any settings, so i don t think it comes from here.
And about the name of my firewall i really don't know lol it's the one with vista system.
Where i can find it ?
Thabks for your help :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
Yes, it might well connect to the internet but you would still surely use a browser to play the game.

avast isn't a firewall so doesn't block files or access, it scans files that are accessed and if found to be infected would alarm/alert and display a visual window.

If you don't know what firewall you are using, then you are probably using the default Vista Firewall, but the Vista Security Center should say which firewall is in use.

Having stopped the web shield and no difference then it is unlikely to be that, but
(do you mean using Terminate or Paused) or Stop provider from the avast icon (right click menu) it makes a difference ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

akama

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »

I have tried to stop the webshield in the avast program, that change nothing. After i have tried to stop the avast protection (right click on the avast icon), that change nothing. I have tried to stop the windows firewall, that changes nothing and finally i have tried to disable avast and the windows firewall and i got always the problem.

About the everest program, there is no browser even when i play.
Thanks for your help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »
Is Everest poker a clean game? (Sorry, I'm not a gamer...).
If so, can you reinstall it... seems the problem is on the game and not on the antivirus or the firewall.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:24:17 AM »
Tech, everest poker is a world wide poker community. The application is safe to use.

Akama, check the folder where Everest is installed. See if there is a log file or something.

CShelp

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
Hi,

If you have encountered a virus/adware warning:

make sure your anti-virus/adware is up-to-date!

Most problems are resolved when you update your anti-virus/adware to the latest signature files (for Norton Anti-Virus click on "LiveUpdate").

Also, add the software as an exemption to your anti-virus/adware list.

Some anti-virus and anti-adware applications mark all online gaming applications as a threat.  If the problem persists, most packages enable you to exempt certain programs from their scan.

Exempted applications should include:

Everest Poker.exe
cstart.exe
cstart-tmp.exe
gvmain.exe

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »
The problem being at no point does the original poster say that avast is detecting it as infected, despite stating he got no errors. I would guess the avast visual and audible alert would have been noticed and mentioned.