Author Topic: Bought and Installed Avast Pro Family pack, license questions  (Read 4148 times)

doinganything

Bought and Installed Avast Pro Family pack, license questions
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
I just bought and installed Avast Pro Family pack.
It was my understanding that the family pack included 10 licenses.

My question is, how do I install/register avast pro on my other computers.
Do I need to have the license.dat file on all computers, or just extract the key from the .dat file?
Do I even need the license.dat file in a sub-folder of the program, or can i erase (i would keep the registration key written down somewhere)?
Looking into the .dat file, there was only 1 key. Is this one key used for all 10 computers?

Thanks in advance.

doinganything

Re: Bought and Installed Avast Pro Family pack, license questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »
Bump...

Someone has got to know the answer to this?

And before someone says read the manual, I did...

Nothing about how to use multiple licenses....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:25:58 AM »
There aren't many regular posters here that will have any experience with the Avast Pro Family pack, but I don't believe you will be the first to experience this. Have you tried a forums search ?

You could try contacting sales(at)avast(dot)com or support(at), etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
1. Yes the same key is used on all of the computers.
2. You don't have to manually insert the key. There's feature in avast WHS Edition that lets you push the license to all workstations on the network (which show up as blue in the list of computers in the WHS console).

BTW (since you already mentioned it) there is a chapter about this in the avast help file. Excerpt:

avast! WHS license information

The license for avast! WHS is in the style of a license file. You will be sent this, via email, upon making a purchase. You will then need to save the file to your WHS server, ready to be loaded into avast! Once saved, you should open the avast! WHS console, select the licensing option and choose insert license file. You can then browse the file system within the WHS server, for where you saved the file, select the file, and click OK.  The file will then be loaded into avast!

Should you have purchased the 'avast! Professional Family Pack', then this includes avast! professional licenses for upto 10 machines (in your household).  The license information for this is included within the license file and can be deployed to each machine by selecting the Deploy avast! professional edition license to all computers button.

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

frustrated tech

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »
But what if I do not have a WHS?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 06:33:17 PM »
This question is related to the WHS license so if you don't have the WHS version then it isn't applicable.

So what is your question ?
It may be best to create your own topic if it isn't directly related to this question.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mamacat58

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »
I have avast as well, I have an infection in the chest right now, do I delete this infection or just leave it in the chest. Avast recommended putting it in chest. Don't know what to do.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
Please start a New Topic of your own as this seems unrelated to the original subject and will just confuse the topic and we will try to help. 

- Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Viruses and Worms forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.