Author Topic: Certification on mail  (Read 4623 times)

gudda96

Certification on mail
« on: April 24, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »
Hi There

After being without certification for a week and eventually fixing it, all of a sudden, its not on my mail.

I have tried my sensitivity pointer to normal and high to no avail.

I have gone through the settings like tick inbound/outbound mail, insert notes etc, very frustrated.

can anyone give me a step x step configuration please.

gudda96

Re:Certification on mail
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 10:41:47 AM »
I have learnt a bit more, there seems to be a bit of a conflict between what needs to be pop/smtp server.

My pop server is pop.clar.net
and my smtp is relay.clara.net but this morning when I tried to send mail using OE, the avast scanning warning cam up at bottom of screen but mail would not go.

When I went to OE/tools/mail/properties/ my server incoming and outgoing had changed from those above to 127.0.0.1 so it seemed like if I want the certification, I needed to change to those numbers, but if I did that, I could not send mail. TOTALLY CONFUSED.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 04:11:39 PM »
I have learnt a bit more, there seems to be a bit of a conflict between what needs to be pop/smtp server.

My pop server is pop.clar.net
and my smtp is relay.clara.net but this morning when I tried to send mail using OE, the avast scanning warning cam up at bottom of screen but mail would not go.

When I went to OE/tools/mail/properties/ my server incoming and outgoing had changed from those above to 127.0.0.1 so it seemed like if I want the certification, I needed to change to those numbers, but if I did that, I could not send mail. TOTALLY CONFUSED.

If you change the numbers (pop/smtp servers address 127.0.0.1) your emails won't be scanned. You can kill ashMaisv.exe application (CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill it), correct all your email account settings without using avast (you won't be protected). Close your email client and run Mail Protection Wizard to do it automatically.

Can you do that? Do you need more help?
The best things in life are free.

gudda96

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 10:43:51 AM »
Technical

Yes I do need help in so much I am still a bit confused.

I know how to change my e-mail setting EG poip/smtp from my present ones to numbers.

I though my present pop and relay had to remain to send mail.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 04:33:49 AM »
Technical Yes I do need help in so much I am still a bit confused.

Ok, can you send me an IM (or email) with your email account configuration? (please, do not send your password  ;D).

But, if you can send/receive email without avast, why don't you try:
1. Close your email client (program).
2. Start Menu > All programs > avast antivirus
3. Mail Protection Wizard
4. Chose 'other email client than Outlook/Exchange' (i.e., the second option)
5. Configure your email accounts (even that ones created in the future).

Will this work?
The best things in life are free.

bear020369

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 05:12:31 AM »
Hi

I am new to this forum and I am having the same problem with the certification on emails that I send and receive.  I have it set to insert a note on incoming and outgoing messages, but no matter how much I try to get it right, it just doesn't seem to work.

I have even configured my email client (Foxmail) correctly and even sent myself test messages, but the notes are not there.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 09:44:44 AM »
Are the messages really scanned? When you open the resident protection control window and check the Internet Mail provider - does the "Last scanned" item show what it should?

bear020369

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 01:29:35 AM »
Thankyou for your quick reply.  The answer was no in the messages being scanned.  I was able to find help when I visited the Foxmail forum and it directed me to the help file for Avast! Help file and I was able to set up the emails to be scanned like it should've been doing in the first place AND I am now getting the certifications that I wanted in the first place.

What I was missing was the fact that I had to change the  pop and smtp mail servers to read localhost and with the username of my email accouts to bear020369#pop.mail.yahoo.com.au (as an example).  I am now a very happy camper and I am sticking with Avast! and also Foxmail.  Both applications are available for free.

Thanks again.