Author Topic: Avast not removing 'New folder.exe'  (Read 27351 times)

webbs

Re: Avast not removing 'New folder.exe'
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »
quite strange names... if they are all from the same branch, then you can remove them probably, but that's hard to say for so many files..
Maxx,

I posted two images in above post. Just delete them. Right?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
I posted two images in above post. Just delete them. Right?
I was referring to delete the files (infected) and not the images ??? ???
The best things in life are free.

webbs

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »
Tech,

Thanks. I read your posts. Before following your instructions, I need to confirm Avast people to see my images and confirm I can delete them. Because I don't want to mess up anything.

Once they cofirm the files are something I can delete, I will follow your instructions. Thanks for your instructions :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2008, 12:45:55 PM »
Thanks. I read your posts. Before following your instructions, I need to confirm Avast people to see my images and confirm I can delete them. Because I don't want to mess up anything.
That files came from the System Restore folder. I think you have lost (broken) all your restore points. Restoring the files from Chest won't fix the broken restore points. So, you have nothing to do and deleting files into Chest won't broke your system. After you're clean, you can create a new restore point.

webbs

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
That files came from the System Restore folder. I think you have lost (broken) all your restore points. Restoring the files from Chest won't fix the broken restore points. So, you have nothing to do and deleting files into Chest won't broke your system. After you're clean, you can create a new restore point.

Thanks Tech.

I hope once I delete them, I won't get 'Not enough disk space' warning from Avast software. (I increased the disk space and file size but still getting the same error. So I think once I delete these files , I can run Avast again)

thanks.

Offline Maxx_original

• Super Poster
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »
it seems that the virus has been replicated under different rendom names... you should disable the restore points temporarily and empty the chest (in case of all the files included are randomly generated).. then re-run the avast scan...

webbs

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
Thanks all of you for your great support!!

webbs

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2008, 09:29:32 PM »
it seems that the virus has been replicated under different rendom names... you should disable the restore points temporarily and empty the chest (in case of all the files included are randomly generated).. then re-run the avast scan...

This is how I have to disable system restore?

Start > right click on 'My computer' > System restore tab > check the box 'Turn-off system restore > click OK.

Is the above correct?

Once I do the above > empty chest and run Avast on C drive only?

thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
This is how I have to disable system restore?
Start > right click on 'My computer' > System restore tab > check the box 'Turn-off system restore > click OK.
Is the above correct?
Yes.

Once I do the above > empty chest and run Avast on C drive only?
You can. After that, start system restore again.