Author Topic: after the last program update i cant create a copy of a scan and schedule  (Read 7931 times)

CLEARICE01

what iam trying to do is make a copy of scan local disks.wich i can do but i cant schedule a scan time i get a error message and the program shuts down.before the last program update i was able to do this with no problems.eny help would be appreciated thanks.........

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
do you have avast home or pro? you need pro to schedule scans
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CLEARICE01

hi.maclover2000.i have pro.iam pasting this http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3755.so you will know what iam talking about.it doesnt work eny more???look at igor's post telling me how to do it.thats what iam following
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 10:15:17 PM by CLEARICE01 »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
ah sorry i did not see that thread
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
hi.maclover2000.i have pro.iam pasting this http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3755.so you will know what iam talking about.it doesnt work eny more???look at igor's post telling me how to do it.thats what iam following

Clearice, thanks for posting a bug  :'(
The Enhanced Interface is freezing while scheduling  :'(
The best things in life are free.

CLEARICE01

hi technical.eny thing to help out this great antivirus.and the people that use it. ;D :D ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
CLEARICE01, could you please describe in detail, step by step, what are/were you doing? I cannot reproduce the problem...
Thanks!

CLEARICE01

hi.igor.what i was doing was going into tasks and right clicking on scan local disks.create copy.and after i create the copy i right click the copy and go to properties and set the settings i want and then i go to scheduling and i press add.i name the task copy of scan local disks.i then set the scheduleing type and set the time for the scan and press ok a box pops up telling me avast encountered a problem.and also another box pops up telling me that avast has encountered a problem and needs to close.it gives me the option to send a error report or not ??? ???.i have tryed it five times now and its the same every time.i realy hope this helps to get this fixed.. ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Ah, I see, you scheduled it directly from the task properties, not from the Scheduler folder (where it works).
Thanks!

CLEARICE01

hi.igor.your rite it does work in the scheduleing folder.thanks for all the help and iam glad its not a bug...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Of course it's a bug! ;D It just doesn't show when doing the schedule in the folder...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CLEARICE01

hi.Vlk.if you didnt know about it before.at least now you know.and it can be fixed with the next program update...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
... and this is exactly what's gonna happen :)

thanks!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CLEARICE01

hi.Vlk.and thats only part of why avast rules..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
hi.igor.your rite it does work in the scheduleing folder.thanks for all the help and iam glad its not a bug...

For me, the same: like Vlk said, it's a bug  :P
The best things in life are free.