Author Topic: Ascentive Library Installer  (Read 14479 times)

chrut

Re: Ascentive Library Installer
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »
Hey guys...

First of all I wanted to thank you for taking an interest in my "problem" and for helping. Secondly, just wanted to check if it's okay to use COMDO free firewall (is it any good?) instead of the inbuilt Vista one?

Third, I use avast! (free version), SpywareBlaster (free version), COMDO Firewall (free version), SuperAntiSpyware (free version) and Malwarebytes Antimalware (free version)... is there anything I might have missed or can you find a flaw? Is there perhaps something more that I can add to my viruskilling arsenal?

Finally, any handy tips that can help me in this virus-manifested cyberworld of ours?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:06:39 PM by chrut »

CharleyO

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 07:17:04 PM »

It shouldn't make any difference what the log contains by not having it in the default location.

How many times have you seen it on the desktop, that is when we say it should be in a folder of its own so that backups are contained within that specific folder. So that is the only requirement it be in a folder specifically created for HJT, but it doesn't matter where. I used to have mine in a different partition.

Thanks for the clarification, David.   :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
No problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

chrut

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »
Hey guys...

First of all I wanted to thank you for taking an interest in my "problem" and for helping. Secondly, just wanted to check if it's okay to use COMDO free firewall (is it any good?) instead of the inbuilt Vista one?

Third, I use avast! (free version), SpywareBlaster (free version), COMDO Firewall (free version), SuperAntiSpyware (free version) and Malwarebytes Antimalware (free version)... is there anything I might have missed or can you find a flaw? Is there perhaps something more that I can add to my viruskilling arsenal?

Finally, any handy tips that can help me in this virus-manifested cyberworld of ours?

Bump

CharleyO

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »

All of those programs will work fine and should be enough.

chrut

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »
Alright, thanks a bunch... I'm out!