Author Topic: Conflict with outlook  (Read 2296 times)

fedoraoriginali

Conflict with outlook
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »
I have searched forums to remedy this conflict :

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:20, processes:svchost.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program'

I have cleared remnants of previous "AVG" installation but this still occurs. I have turned off "scan outgoing mail in Avast" but no fic. I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled Avast. Any other ideas? I like Avast but will have to go back to AVG if I cannot fix this.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Conflict with outlook
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:04:23 AM »
This is what is responsible for the problem, svchost.exe, no if this is the system file then something is possibly using it incorrectly or if it is a different location to the system file it could be malware, spambot.

AVG Remover, download tool from here, http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-tools there is a 32bit and 64 bit windows version, ensure you use the correct one.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode and report the findings (it should product a log file).
1. SUPERantispyware On-Demand only in free version.
2. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, On-Demand only in free version http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe, right click on the link and select Save As or Save File (As depending on your browser), save it to a location where you can find it easily later.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security