Author Topic: How to for new user  (Read 3137 times)

cmteter

How to for new user
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:28:15 PM »
I've successfully loaded and cleaned using avast!4 (found a total of 4 different viruses!). However, I now need some recommendations on how where to go next.

I've got a 2 computer LAN (2 desktop computers, each running WinXP Pro, connected via a LinkSys router to the Internet with DSL broadband). I only receive e-mails on the one computer I've already installed avast!4 on, however, I need to install it on the other as it also connects to the Internet and I'm worried about cross-contamination across my LAN.

Is there an easy way for me, as the administrator of my LAN, to load it onto the other desktop computer, or do I need to download the install a second time?

Thanks, in advance,
Mark.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:How to for new user
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 05:53:44 PM »
I've successfully loaded and cleaned using avast!4 (found a total of 4 different viruses!). However, I now need some recommendations on how where to go next.

I've got a 2 computer LAN (2 desktop computers, each running WinXP Pro, connected via a LinkSys router to the Internet with DSL broadband). I only receive e-mails on the one computer I've already installed avast!4 on, however, I need to install it on the other as it also connects to the Internet and I'm worried about cross-contamination across my LAN.

Is there an easy way for me, as the administrator of my LAN, to load it onto the other desktop computer, or do I need to download the install a second time?

Thanks, in advance,
Mark.

If you are a HOME user, non-commercial, you can install Home version in the second computer again for free.
If not, you must look for avast server Edition I suppose.
You cannot install avast Home/Pro like an administrator of a LAN in a remote computer.
The best things in life are free.

cmteter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 05:01:03 PM »
Thanks - I'm just a home user so will simply install the software on the second computer.

Can I use the same registration key?

Thanks, in advance,
Mark.

techie101

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 12:10:36 AM »
cm,

Yes, you can use the same registration key as long as you put Avast on a home usage computer.  There is no limit to the number of computers you have at home, but they must be for "home use" only!

Techie