Author Topic: Windows XP Error Message  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Windows XP Error Message
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:35:25 AM »
Heyyyyy, everyone!  I hadn't been here in a while.  But, that's a testament to avast! working great and giving me no problems.  And it STILL is working A-OK!

I'm here on behalf of a friend.  Yesterday she started getting this error message on her Windows XP computer:

Error loading\3\DCLQtime.dll
The specified module could not be found.
Program details
Message title:  Microsoft Visual C++ Run time Library
Program path: c:\Windows\System 32\spoolsv.exe
This problem happens because of partial incompatibility with Windows.
Contact manufacturer for information.

This is additional Info she told me in her E-mail:

These messages started yesterday when I booted the computer.  When I googled the errors (in red), I found it is caused by an installation of OfficeXP.

In order to view many things on the internet, Yahoo included, one has to download Java.  Java includes an Office Suite.  I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Java, but the error still comes up when the computer is rebooted. 
I thought you might know what I could do to eliminate this problem.  This happened about a year ago and I did a System Restore to factory settings.  I am hoping to avoid that this time. 
This seems to be one of those little glitches that everyone wants to blame on each other.  Windows, Dell, and my ISP all point the finger away from themselves.

I told my friend that Windows XP has that System Restore or whatever it's called where one can set the configuration of the OS back X amount of days.  But, since I still have Windows 98SE, I have no idea how that is done.

Anyone have any insight on my friend's problem?  If y'all recommend that System Restore of the configuration BACK X amount of days ... can I get the Steps on how to do that?
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

ardvark

Re: Windows XP Error Message
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:58:08 AM »
Hi...

I need some additional information to try and help you (and her) with this. :)

What precisely brought about this message, a software or driver install or uninstall? Did she in fact install or uninstall Office XP? A possible clue is the involvement of the spoolsv.exe file, which involves printing and fax services.

May God Bless you! :)

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:24:14 AM »
Hi...

I need some additional information to try and help you (and her) with this. :)

What precisely brought about this message, a software or driver install or uninstall? Did she in fact install or uninstall Office XP? A possible clue is the involvement of the spoolsv.exe file, which involves printing and fax services.

May God Bless you! :)

I will E-mail her to see if she had just recently installed any Application.  She seems to imply that it happened upon booting up the computer.  But, I don't know if like the previous evening she had just installed anything.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »
My friend says now she's not getting the same error message.  But, some other functions and Text Attributes and such are failing in Yahoo I think.  So, she sent some E-mails to Yahoo and someone else.

Who knows?  It might even be some malware doing its mischief.  I'll tell her to run a manual Anti-virus scan.

Thanks!  :)

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »
My friend says now she's not getting the same error message.  But, some other functions and Text Attributes and such are failing in Yahoo I think.  So, she sent some E-mails to Yahoo and someone else.

Who knows?  It might even be some malware doing its mischief.  I'll tell her to run a manual Anti-virus scan.

Thanks!  :)

Hi...

You're welcome! If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back. :)

Best Regards...